I once owned a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S, and what better to do with a little pocket rocket like that but to race it?!
This is a quick video of me warming up my racing tires before a drag race.
I’ve also got a bunch of other photos you can look through in my gallery that you can find here:
My 2000 Toyota Celica had a handful of modifications done to it, including:
- Mesh covering the lower bumper opening to protect the radiators.
- “Red” (came out more orange then red) painted highlights on the dash.
- Custom “Glass Pack” muffler.
- AEM CAI.
- MSD RMP shift light controller with custom LEDs.
- Front and rear Strut Mount Braces.
- Lightweight and undersized racing wheels and tries (track use only).
- Stiffened lower engine mount.
- Three angle valve job.
I raced at Rocky Mountain Raceway just west of Salt Lake City. In 2001 I also had the opportunity to go to the regional finals in Las Vegas. Ultimately, I ended up going back to the adventures of off-roading, and traded it in for a 1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4×4 with a manual transmission.